Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I paid for the access and assist deluxe and found out after I paid that you have to screen share. Massive privacy breach with the screen sharing tool refund please!!

How do I get in contact with turbotax canada?
5 Replies

So I paid for the access and assist deluxe and found out after I paid that you have to screen share. Massive privacy breach with the screen sharing tool refund please!!

TurboTax Canada screenshare is not a privacy breech, it is indeed very safe. Assist & Review screenshares to verify your income tax return and go through it to be sure it has been completed correctly. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Screen sharing isn't mandatory. It is only used during the review. You can choose not to do the review and simple ask your expert questions without sharing your screen.

Also, we don't use the software that is mentioned in the link that you shared. We use "Glance", a program that lets us share your only the return you have open in TurboTax. We can't see anything else on your computer. Glance even blurs out some of your personal identity information, like your SIN, from the tax expert.

Thank you for clarifying.  Sadly the two representatives I spoke with advised that SmartConnect was used which set off alarm bells. My confidence is lost. In the privacy section it diverts to calling the CS line … a loop back to bad info. Not experts at all. 

SmartConnect is older software that might still be used on occasion by phone support. But the article you linked to names a piece of software called "ScreenConnect", which we don't use at all.