Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yowtoon
Returning Member

T1135 not giving simplified reporting option

Doing turbotax online (free edition) joint returns for my wife and me. I have t1135 property >250000 and she has t1135 property between 100000 and 250000. Its never giving the option to enter simplified reporting details for her, just defaults to asking her to list the details of all holdings (which is detailed reporting). The review at the end then flags for her "You have chosen to report using the detailed method or you have indicated that the total cost of all specified foreign property held at any time during the year was $250,000 or more, and you are required to complete Part B. Specified foreign property has been divided into 7 categories. At least one row must be fully completed in one of the 7 tables provided" - neither is true - we've never been prompted to select simple or detailed method for her, and we've indicated the value is between 100k and 250k. Any ideas how we get simplified reporting for her?

1 Reply

T1135 not giving simplified reporting option

If you are still unable to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team, as they will be better able to assist you. To talk to our phone support team, visit https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/ . After entering some basic info about what you need help with, the page will give you the phone number for the team best suited to help.