Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justin14

T2125 and TurboTax Online: Where to enter non T-slip income?

I am a self-employed sole proprietor working under my own name. I receive income for industrial design services which I perform for various clients. I do not receive any T-slips for this work.

This is my first time completing a T2125 using TurboTax online and I am trying to determine where to enter this non T-slip income.

Please see the attached image which shows what I currently see within the "T2125 Business Income" section.

Would I enter the income for my design services within the "Sales, commissions, or fees" box, or would that non T-slip income need to be entered somewhere else?

I can't enter it in the "Self employment Income reported on T4 slips (Box 81, 82, or 83)" box, as my self-employment income was not reported on a T4.

Another thing that is somewhat confusing is the fact that when I first enter the "Income" section, I see a message stating the following:

"In your personal tax profile, you told us you had:

income reported on a T-slip

self-employment or rental income"

This is confusing because I only indicated that had self-employment income. I do not know why it thinks that I have any income reported on a T-slip. The only box that I checked off "yes" for in my tax profile is the "I was self-employed" box.

Thanks.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Enter income in sales, commissions, and fees. Ignore the GST section.  If you are registered, you report it elsewhere.  If you are not registered, income and expenses include the GST.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Enter income in sales, commissions, and fees. Ignore the GST section.  If you are registered, you report it elsewhere.  If you are not registered, income and expenses include the GST.