Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2200s flat method won't calculate

I'm using the Standard Desktop version.

Under employment expenses i've clicked off having the t2200s.

I clicked off the 'required to work from home 50% of the time' box.

I can't add the details to the form itself - the deduction amount will not calculate.

I get this message:  Looks like you don't qualify for the employment expenses deduction this year. 

All other t2200s discussions refer to T4 options I do not see - there is no "Will you claim employment expenses for working at home due to COVID-19 for income on this T4?" box.  

Help?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you are using Forms mode, you need to have all the eligibility criteria checked off, as well as both boxes under Option 2 if you don't want to use the flat rate. These are at the very top of the T777 (S). You also need to check off an option under "What type of space do you work from at home" just above where you enter the details of your home workspace (bottom of page 2).

If you are using EasyStep Mode, then on the left side menu, select Profile>[Your Name] - Personal Tax Profile. In that section, you would have to say that you are claiming employment expenses.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you are using Forms mode, you need to have all the eligibility criteria checked off, as well as both boxes under Option 2 if you don't want to use the flat rate. These are at the very top of the T777 (S). You also need to check off an option under "What type of space do you work from at home" just above where you enter the details of your home workspace (bottom of page 2).

If you are using EasyStep Mode, then on the left side menu, select Profile>[Your Name] - Personal Tax Profile. In that section, you would have to say that you are claiming employment expenses.

That solved my problem!

Thank you for the detailed information.