Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4A slip and also reported tuition fees on a T2202

I had tried doing most of my taxes before I got my last few documents (specifically I had not yet received my T2202 or my T4A slips). So yesterday I was able to add in a dollar amount that is written on my T2202 of $7800...I put this number that was found in box 26 and then after that I connected my turbo tax 2019 return to my canada revenue agency account which then automatically added in two T4A slips which only added in $4899 in the box 105 (other scholarships, grants, awards etc: taxable) on the first T4A and $2187 in the box 105 (other scholarships, grants, awards etc: taxable) on the second T4A. 

I have a warning on that says

"You received a scholarship amount on a T4A slip and also reported tuition fees on a T2202. To properly calculate your tax exemption, on your T4A, move the amount in the taxable box 105 to one of the other box 105 fields (either a part-time or full-time), as applicable."

I just don't know if the amount I inputted myself under the "eligible tuition fees paid to Canadian educational institutions" was supposed to be put on like that or if I was supposed to subtract my bursaries or not. I just don't know what to do to clear this warning properly.

1 Reply

T4A slip and also reported tuition fees on a T2202

There are several Boxes numbered 105 on the T4A entry page. Make sure that the box that you have entered your scholarship income in matches the information you put on the Tuition page (full time/part time).

To get back to the T4A page in TurboTax Online, use the “Find” (magnifying glass) tool to search for “T4A”. Select it from the list and then click the “Go” button. Then click Edit next to the T4A you need to edit.