Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4E line 30 is getting categorized as Carrying charges, support and other, even though it is not an investment expense.

I am trying to find my CERB repayment amount which indicates I should file on line 23210, which from what I can tell is line 30 of the T4E. This is getting categorized as carrying charges on my summary. Is line 30 not the correct line? How do I get this not categorized as carrying charges?
1 Reply

T4E line 30 is getting categorized as Carrying charges, support and other, even though it is not an investment expense.

As per the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA): Line 23210 – Federal COVID-19 benefits repayment If you received CERB from the CRA, the amount repaid will be reported in box 201 of your T4A slip

If you received CERB from Service Canada, the amount repaid will be reported on your T4E slip along with other EI amounts repaid. Service Canada will send you a letter showing the amount of CERB you repaid. 

In TurboTax Online please go in the menu on the left-hand side and click on Income then on T-Slips to then find and click on the information slip required and enter the information as seen in the image below. Please click Done With to save your entry.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.