Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Sylvana

T4E Slips

I am trying to add a T4E for my husband and he only has  box 14 amount and is at 0% in box 7. yet when i try to add it, it gives me a warning that i cannot exceed on the amount that states on box 14, and is not. and also it saves it under 11905 instead of 11900 where its suppose to go. What is wrong?

4 Replies
michaellord
Returning Member

T4E Slips

I also have this same error when entering my wife's T4E info for maternity leave.

T4E Slips

Did you manage to solve this? Having the same issue....

Courant1
Returning Member

T4E Slips

Try this: on the Summary page whereyour T4E is listed, answer YES to the question "Did XXX received EI...".  Answering YES will prompt a question about the amount received: leave this amount at $0 (very important). Save. Following this, I was able to submit my tax report to the CRA electronically.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

T4E Slips

If you have a RL-6 :  

Removed the amount in Box A of RelevĆ© 6. You will still have the amount in your QC forms. 

If you don't have a RL-6: 

In the T4E summary page (the next page after you enter your T4E information) > answer No to the question "Did you receive employment insurance maternity or parental benefits in?". 

If you have already answered Yes and added your total amount > You need to go back, change this amount to $0 first then change the answer No. If you change the answer to No without reducing the amount to $0 first, you will still get the error.  

I hope this was helpful