Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5008 import

Sorry, I shouldn't have used that acronym here...wrong audience. Thanks for pointing that out.

UX is short for User eXperience. And for T5008 via EasyStep, it's terrible.

leeriggs2021
Returning Member

T5008 import

The only import function I have seen is when TurboTax downloads it from the CRA web page it will auto-populate the T5008 when connected. other wise, I have personally never seen how to import from CSV file. 

leeriggs2021
Returning Member

T5008 import

did she tell you where to enter that on the Turbo tax software? I couldn't figure it out. 

leeriggs2021
Returning Member

T5008 import

wish I would have read this 3 days ago, lol would have saved me $300 from Turbo tax. my expert is a headache. 

T5008 import

I download a CSV from my broker, TD Waterhouse.   I'm poor with spreadsheets but I do know how to highlight and instantly add the columns.  So I used those totals.  For some stocks and options that only appeared to be sold I had to go to the previous year's CSV to see what I paid for them.  Last year a different friend told me that this is all she gives to her accountant.  This years friend said that the CRA also told him he could do this

T5008 import

I took these notes from my friend

Filling out the T5008

Source = TD Waterhouse USA

Box 14 Date Dec. 31 2021

Box 15 Stocks

Box 16 Quantity of?? (I left this bland because I have stocks and options

Box 17 Multiple

Box 20 Cost or Book Value Column

Box 21 Proceeds or Settlement Sold For

Then I paid the extra bucks to have a Turbotax person go over everything and she said I did it correctly

T5008 import

My first time with Turbo tax.  Had not done my own since the 1980s when I was young and only had a T4.  For 3 weeks I thought my head would explode.  But I vowed to not use an accountant after being ripped off y=for years.  Last year he upped my bill to $978 with the tax just for my wife and I.  Plus, his staff didn't really know how to do the stocks so I ended up doing the spreadsheet thing.  But I had no idea what they did with the numbers I sent them back.  Now after using Turbotaac I know where they go

Returning Member

T5008 import

I've had a problem this week since i auto imported my T5008 slips. Seeing I had just over 255+ slips (glad i didn't have manually enter those) all was good, until I saved the return.  Next day I was going to do the last of the return when i ended up with the dreaded out of memory.  Now I thought that strange as i have 16gig of memory and no way it was full.  No problem maybe computer acting up so installed Turbo another computer with even more memory  32gig. Same problem.  Now  i started phoning help desk (my history is IT) and got onto the phone with some very nice trying to be helpful 1st level people.  They eventually said that here is some documents from Microsoft on how to release and test memory.  But I was on my on.   See  I did my taxes on the same installed software and it worked, but when I went to do my dads with his multiple T5008 it all came crashing down.  So 2 machines lots of ram same results, has to be Turbo.  

What to do to correct -  don't import instead total all those slips  and your investment group should have sent you a package with that all done for you.  Make 1 entry in the T5008 section and your problem is solved.

hendra007
Returning Member

T5008 import

how to not import just T5008? when we import from CRA, there is no selection which not to import, it import everything, then after successful import, I have to go one by one of these T5008 transaction to select the type of income, which is pain in the ass. TurboTax please fix this.

T5008 import

@hendra007 

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to select which forms are uploaded using Auto-Fill. 

I have passed on your comments to our product development team.

Thank you for your input.