Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kangrew
Returning Member

T5008 on line versiom

Hi

I am using online version and I have few T5008 downloaded from CRA, but I am not able to find any capital gain/loss from my return. T5008 has both Box 20 and 21 filled up. Please help.

Thanks

1 Reply

T5008 on line versiom

You can see your entries by going to Income > T-Slips > T5008 - Securities Transactions. You will then land on the T5008 - Summary page. If you look at your Detailed Tax Summary, your Capital Gains will be shown on Line 127.If you did not record capital gains in this part correctly ,you can go to the Investment section. To enter here, go to Income > Investments > Capital Gains & Capital Gains Deduction Profile > and check the box next to Sold stocks, bonds, real estate, other capital property, and continue. Then all capital gains will be recorded.

If you enter your T5008 slips (or use the CRA AutoFill feature to import) on the T-Slips page in TurboTax, do not enter them again under your Capital Gains & Capital Gains Deduction Profile, and vice-versa. Doing so will cause double reporting.

For more information please check: T5008 Slip

Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you require further assistance.