Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5008 - Summary Component of TurboTax Premier Desktop

Using TT Premier.  I upgraded to TTP (desktop) in the hopes that T5008's would be handled a bit more effectively.  After loading the T slips from CRA (which works fine!), I go to the T-slips, T5008 Securities transactions screen.  The list appears like this ( I would include a screenshot, but this editor does not appear to support that:

TTP t5008.png

And the list goes on......This list is not very informative!!

Notice that there is nothing under the heading of "trader or dealer" and that only Box 21 (Proceeds of disposition...) is shown.  What about the other boxes?  How is the user supposed to link Box 21 with the security?  Why can Turbotax not permit the user to select the boxes which are displayed and put them in a proper grid.  Then within that grid allow the user to allocate Percentages to spouse.  

I understand that Intuit is likely making the grids "accessible" and I agree with that, but if you have hundreds of T5008's  it is very difficult and very time-consuming to balance the allocation of gains.  

I know this does not affect everybody, but Intuit, read the community appeals for some changes in this approach.   

1 Reply

T5008 - Summary Component of TurboTax Premier Desktop

Thank you for your feedback and we will send this to the appropriate team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.