Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CBSWAN
Returning Member

Thank you very much for passing along my "Khurram message!!! I apologize for disruption!!!

If someone could please pass along this last message to the people in charge at Turb Tax.  This was a terrible, terrible terrible, experience based on communication.  Because of Turb Tax rules, my advisor would not dislcose our CA tax owing info we needed to prepare our US returns.  Turbtax demands US returns be filed before any info is disclosed which makes it impossible to prepare and file our US returns (there should be statement on the site claiming TubTax will not prepare CA returns if the tax payer also has US filing requirements).  And during this time Turbtax had a changeover which disabled messages, at which time it was not clear whether my advisor refused to communicate or messages were not getting thru.  So we called the Turtax help line twice daily for several weeks and got no response.  It was a shame because of all the time we spent preparing multiple returns, and incurring additional late penaltys and interest.  Before starting over, sending messages via this forum was a last ditch effort to have our advisor or administrator contact us and overcome the easily fixed issue.  It worked and was easily fixed.  The results of our tax returns will speak for themselves but Khurram seemed attentive and knowledgable when we spoke.   But how about just a passing along an email to communicate?  What good is the help line?  Why so hard to fix a minor issue?  Maybe others have had different experiences but it sure seems like Turb Tax is a nonresponsive beurocratic organization just focused on maxmizing the dollar, with no room for adjusting or adapting.  For what its worth. 

1 Reply

Thank you very much for passing along my "Khurram message!!! I apologize for disruption!!!

Can you please confirm if you were contacted as of yet? 

Thank you.