Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wight-n

PDF copy of return Line 304 says a maximum amount of $2544.30. Turbo Tax has input an amount in excess of this number. Is this a bug in the program or the correct input?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

PDF copy of return Line 304 says a maximum amount of $2544.30. Turbo Tax has input an amount in excess of this number. Is this a bug in the program or the correct input?

The amount printed on the Schedule 1 for maximum CPP is incorrect. It should read as $2564.10. Review the Schedule 8 for the actual CPP calculation for an over-payment. I will pass along your observations and resulting confusion with the information provided in Turbo Tax to our technology department. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The amount printed on the Schedule 1 for maximum CPP is incorrect. It should read as $2564.10. Review the Schedule 8 for the actual CPP calculation for an over-payment. I will pass along your observations and resulting confusion with the information provided in Turbo Tax to our technology department. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The maximum claim for the Canada Caregiver Tax Credit is $6883 per qualifying dependant and is reduced by income over a threshold amount. You can double click on Line 304 and view the calculation in Turbo Tax Desk top software. (Forms area and Schedule 1)

robinson

The original question meant to say that Line 308 says the maximum CPP amount is $2544.30.  I have the same problem as my T4 CPP Contributions add up to $2564.10 and this is the amount show on Line 308 in my return.  Your program should reduce my line 308 amount to $2544.30 and put $19.80 in Line 448 for the CPP Overpayment amount. Your Help information in the program says that this adjustment will be made but it is not being made in my return.  Please fix your program.

See my response update with screen shots.