Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kryan024

The deduction summary shows a value under carrying charge, support and other. I don’t see that value on any entered forms. Where can those values be entered?

3 Replies

The deduction summary shows a value under carrying charge, support and other. I don’t see that value on any entered forms. Where can those values be entered?

If you are using the TTO:

• From the "Find" Engine on the top bar
  • Search for Investment Expenses
  • Will open a screen with the names that have Investment Expenses and checkmarks under the name
  • Click Continue
  • Check if you have any Interest paid or money paid to acquire a partnership

If you are using TTD"

• Switch to the "Forms" mode from the top blue bar
  • At the bottom, bar click on "Forms" beside your name
  • Choose the "INVEST" form
  • Check if you have any amount on line 221 for Carrying Charges
  • You can update the amount in this form

Thank you for choosing TurboTax

kryan024

The value appears to be indirectly related to an amount entered for tax on foreign dividend income.  Is there a way to see a worksheet that captures how the calculation was made?  Help references just point to a Revenue Canada page.

Unfortunately, there is no way to see worksheets in TurboTax Online, only the forms that are included in the PDF file of your return.

Please contact our phone support at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you. They can look at your return with you to see where this amount might be coming from.