Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonLee2
Returning Member

The Error Review show error of T4A(P), even though I don't have it.

I am using TurboTax 2023 standard desktop edition. After importing both my wife's and my tax information from CRA, I encountered an error when filing my tax return without making any changes in the INCOME section. The Error Review shows the following information, even though I did not receive CPP or QPP benefits, but my wife did. I double-checked my wife's T4A(P) form, and the value in box 21 is "12". I also reviewed the whole flow to make sure I didn't select anything related to T4A(P).

You received CPP or QPP retirement or disability benefits but did not enter the number of months from box 21 or box 23 of your T4A(P) slip, or you entered months for disability or retirement benefits in box 21 or 23 without entering the amounts in box 14 or 16.

This error prevents me from filing my tax return online. Please advise.

10 Replies

Can  you please go back to your return and go into EasySteps once in there, go to Income then in T-Slips T4A(P) and check to see if any information was inputed by mistake. 

If there is nothing there- we would suggest that you close your TurboTax software and try reopening it to see if it helps.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

JasonLee2
Returning Member

Hello,

I use EasySteps all the the way from the beginning. I did review my income section, no issues found.

I did close TurboTax and reopen it, the issue is still remaining.

I assume this could be an app bug.

Thanks

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

JasonLee2
Returning Member

I called support this morning, and the representative reviewed my tax return remotely. Everything appears to be correct, but I continue to encounter the same error when attempting to file. The representative took screenshots of the issue for reference. However, she requested that I upload the "care" file, which is almost identical to the TurboTax project file. I confirmed with her that the "care" file contains my SIN, income, expenses, and other personal information.

I declined to upload the "care" file because the reason I opted for the desktop version was to refrain from sharing my personal information with third parties, including Intuit. It is TurboTax's responsibility to investigate the issue or not. Therefore, I have decided to send my tax return by mail instead.

I have been using TurboTax for several years, and this is the first time I have encountered this problem. To prevent a recurrence next year, I will have to reconsider the tax software that I use.

Thank you for your feedback and update. This is being sent up to be looked into.

base on your past performance, I would be surprised if you give a satisfactory answer. You haven't solved the recurring problems of the past four years.

JasonLee2
Returning Member

I received the app update this morning, and it appears that the aforementioned issue has been resolved. I was able to transmit my tax return to CRA. However, the return was rejected due to an error.

The TurboTax app provided a guideline to resolve the issue. Following the guide, I entered my 2023 RSP limit, which can be found in the 2022 notice of assessment. Once I inputted the value, the refund amount increased significantly. It became clear to me that TurboTax mistakenly treated my RSP limit as a contribution.

Holly cow!

Were you able to go back in your RRSP section to verify that there is no unwanted deduction included?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

JasonLee2
Returning Member

The following is the message on TurboTax. After changing line 1 on Schedule 7, the refund was increased significantly.  

Can I get refund?

Message from CRA

Your tax return has not been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency. It contains errors that must be corrected. Please review the following error(s), make the necessary corrections, and try resubmitting your return. For forms or additional information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website and the Corrections page on the NETFILE website. For further assistance, please contact us.Most Canadian income tax and benefit returns for 2023, and any balance owing amount, are due on April 30, 2024.contact ushttps://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information.html#tbl-personal

Code: #2197 - Please verify the following lines found on the Schedule 7:

1. Make sure to enter the amount of unused RRSP/PRPP contributions available for 2023 on line 1 of Schedule 7. This amount is $0. If this amount is incorrect, please call the Canada Revenue Agency's Individual tax enquiries line.

2. Make sure to enter the total of the RRSP/SPP/PRPP contributions made after the first 60 days of 2023 and no later than the first 60 days of the following year, on line 24500 of Schedule 7.

3. If necessary, make sure any contributions you are designating as a repayment under the HBP and/or the LLP are correctly indicated on line 24600 and/or 24620 of Schedule 7.