Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The program keeps returning to the same question

On the "Do you have children page..." I have entered the stats of my three children, but it just refreshes this same page when I try to continue.
4 Replies

When editing a sub-section of the About You section in TurboTax Online for tax year 2016, you need to select the Save button on the sub-section before you can click the Continue button at the bottom. Is it possible you've skipped clicking the Save button?

If you've clicked it and TurboTax doesn't advance to the next step, please post back and let me know so we can try something else.

This is for a 2015 return. The information has been saved several times, however it will not proceed beyond this page.

It just keeps restoring to the exact same page.

I can't reproduce what you're describing in TurboTax Online for tax year 2015. :(

Please consider starting a new return. If you've only reached the Dependant entry screen, it shouldn't take too long to get back to that step in a new return. To start a new return, sign into your account and select Start a New Return. If you're already signed in, you can create a new return by clicking Tools in the upper right corner and then selecting Return Manager.

Alternatively, you could try removing your dependants, answering no to the question and then clicking Continue to move past the step. Then step back and try entering them again.

Finally, you could give us a call. Our phone support team has the ability to look at your screen (and account) through a screen sharing tool and might be able to figure out what's going on in your particular situation that way. After entering some basic keywords on this page: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/, the phone number to call will display.