Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The total amount reported for employment insurance maternity and parental benefits and/or provincial parental insurance plan benefits can't exceed the total in box 14 on your T4E slips. Please review.

I keep getting this error when using NETFILE 

The total amount reported for employment insurance maternity and parental benefits and/or provincial parental insurance plan benefits can't exceed the total in box 14 on your T4E slips. Please review.

I have filled all the information and all lines exactly at the T4E and Releve6 form i recieved.

10 Replies

I am having the exact same problem!!  Did you manage to correct this? It's the only error preventing me from filing grr.

I also have this problem.It stops me from filling to CRA

Seems I got a solution. I removed the amount in BOX A of Relevé 6 . I compared both two versions federal and quebec forms, nothing changes. You will still have the amount (same as box A in Relevé) in your quebec forms.

I already submitted them.

Good luck.

nickd88

Sunfly's fix worked for me! Good find! Looks like a bug.

I don't have the Releve6, as people here comment, only the T4E with 3 boxes and box 7 as 0%.
I called TurboTax but the machine didn't understand my question. 
Any other tip?

I am also having this problem. Can anyone offer a solution? I don't have a releve6 form.

nivloe

Yes we were getting the same error and I went back and it looks like you have to enter it twice -you have to enter a T4E slip with any other boxes (we only had box 22) and then after you've entered that, there is a message asking "Did... receive employment insurance maternity or parental benefits in 2019? Yes/No.  Selecting "Yes" then we entered the same info for box 14 (the amount of benefits received for 2019). 

It seems super redundant, but I guess they need to specifically pull out amounts for maternity/parental benefits as opposed to any amounts claimed for other benefits (say sick leave?).

It worked!  We can netfile now 

Courant1
Returning Member

Try this: Go to the Summary page where your T4E is listed. Answer YES to the question "Did XXX received EI...".  Answering YES will prompt a question about the amount received: leave this amount at $0 (very important). Save. Following this, I was able to submit my tax report to the CRA electronically.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

If you have a RL-6 :  

Removed the amount in Box A of Relevé 6. You will still have the amount in your QC forms. 

If you don't have a RL-6: 

In the T4E summary page (the next page after you enter your T4E information) > answer No to the question "Did you receive employment insurance maternity or parental benefits in?". 

If you have already answered Yes and added your total amount > You need to go back, change this amount to $0 first then change the answer No. If you change the answer to No without reducing the amount to $0 first, you will still get the error.  

I hope this was helpful