Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristoms1

Transfer of house, vehicles and bank balance from Trust - How to report it on 1041?

I am assisting my friend to file his trust tax return. Trust has four beneficiaries, a house, two cars, and a bank balance of $160,000. As per trust documents, the house is transferred to a beneficiary. Two beneficiaries have decided to take those two cars at FMV. (1) I understand transferring the house to a beneficiary as per the terms of trust documents need not be reported anywhere in the tax return 1041. Is that right? (2). Is it required to report the transfer of the cars as a sale, and does the gain if any, need to report as capital gain?. (3). Is it required to report bank balance distribution on page 2, line 10 of Schedule B( other amount required to be distributed)? Appreciate the help. Thanks.

1 Reply

Transfer of house, vehicles and bank balance from Trust - How to report it on 1041?

This is the support site for the Canadian TurboTax. For assistance with U.S. taxes and U.S. versions of TurboTax, please visit the website for TurboTax USA.