Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TT601 Error

After inputting all tax information , at summary stage it gives me an error that states i need to input my residence status.  I went back and checked everywhere and not sure where to fix this.  When i click on the "fix" button i received the error code TT601 which states an internal error has occurred and it will not let me do anything.

3 Replies

TT601 Error

TT600 errors, including TT600, TT601, TT602, TT603, AND TT604, are typically validation errors. This means you may have entered something into your return that TurboTax cannot understand or has not been programmed to accept.

The most common example is:

• Quotation marks, ampersands and other special characters in any fields that accept text, such as your name, address, your dependant’s names, etc.

Please verify all entries in the interview and profile at the beginning of your return. Then, please clear your cache/cookies, sign out of your return and restart your computer.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

TT601 Error

No it did not work.   I checked everything and followed all steps suggested.  Still getting message to input residency status when I try to net file.   

TT601 Error

It appears that you may have missed a question regarding your residency while filing your taxes. To resolve this issue, please go to the "My Info" section and ensure that you have answered the question about your Province of Residence correctly. Then, move on to the next few pages and review all the questions to ensure that you have accurately answered them. Once you have completed these steps, please try filing your taxes again.

If this still doesn't work please contact our phone support team for assistance.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.