Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scribbles934
Returning Member

TT805 error. Desktop installation -

I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled TT2023 edition, When I initially installed the program, it worked fine. Reopened the program once all tax slips have been received, and now I get the TT805 error and when I follow the instructions to fix it, get an "unexpected error has occurred". Pictures are in reverse order of occurrence.
Untitled2.pngUntitled1.pngUntitled.png

7 Replies

When you reinstalled the program did you use the Download? If you used the CD, then please reinstall using the download from our website: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/product/download/index.jsp

You can also try running the software as an administrator. 

scribbles934
Returning Member

I have already re-downloaded the program, and reinstalled it from the website. Also attempted to run as administrator, and it gave me the same error code. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with Turbo Tax, and I've been using it for many years.

Do you have any anti-virus or security software that might be blocking TurboTax? Or if you have a VPN, try turning it off or set it so you're in Canada (if it's one that can change what country you look like you are browsing from).

scribbles934
Returning Member

No, everything is working as it should be, and VPN is not being used. I am still getting the TT805 error. What else can I do? I'd rather fill out the forms myself as I need to switch between two tax returns while filing, and the online version does not allow for that.

scribbles934
Returning Member

Still receiving the TT805 error, even when attempting to run as administrator. Anti-virus protection is working as it should be, but not blocking the download of the program and there is no VPN in use. Online version of the software is of no use, because I need to switch between two tax returns for info from various lines, and it does not seem to allow for that.

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

scribbles934
Returning Member

Thank you, I will.