Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Tax 2023 Desktop Software for iOS Mac computer

Hi, 

If I buy a digital download of Turbo Tax 2023, is it possible to download a compatible software for iOS Mac or it is only available for Windows PC? 

Thanks!

5 Replies

TurboTax CD/Download will only work on Windows 10 & 11.

You can use TurboTax Online for Mac OS or the app for iOS.

However, isn't Turbo Tax online more costly per return than desktop? This seems to be unfair for iOS Mac users. 

The price of TurboTax Online is based on what you enter on your return. So, if you are eligible to use the Free version of TurboTax Online, then it's cheaper because there is no Free version of TurboTax CD/Download. If you buy a multi-return code for TurboTax Online at a 3rd party retailer, and don't need to upgrade, then the cost per return would be the same (or less) for TurboTax Online and TurboTax CD/Download.

JayFer

I have been a TurboTax customer in Canada since the days when it was called QuickTax. I just bought a Mac (iOS) computer and found out that there is no downloadable or CD version of TurboTax that can be used on it. This is extremely disappointing and I'm sure that I am only one of many thousands of people in the same situation. I don't like to do "online filing" which is the only way to get around this issue. I'll have to decide whether to continue to be a TurboTax customer in the future. I believe that TurboTax in USA does offer both Windows and Mac (iOS) desktop versions. Come on TurboTax Canada, get with it.

We appreciate your feedback on this and as many others, it is well noted. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.