Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo tax software has a glitch regarding Form T2043. It is self populating the numbers incorrectly and generating filing errors (2434) and wont let me netfile.

Others have also had this exact problem.  Can TurboTax please advise if a fix will be available?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbo tax software has a glitch regarding Form T2043. It is self populating the numbers incorrectly and generating filing errors (2434) and wont let me netfile.

@TurboTaxBrenda1 So if I log in tonight, will I just need to try and re-submit, or will I have to restart my taxes from the beginning?   How will I know when the fix has been applied.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I'm having the same issue.  populates 3.75 on line 67079.   I don't even want this tax credit (Return of Fuel Charge Proceeds to Farms Tax Credit) at all.  Turbotax has done this all on its own, and I don't know how to just remove it.

Help us out Intuit.

I was on the phone with Turbotax customer and IT support on Friday March 10 for over an hour and re-entered my farm business info multiple times so they could see what was happening.  They see what’s occurring but could not fix the issue so gave me a case number and advised I would be notified via email when the problem was resolved.  In the meantime I had to print my return and mail it  to the CRA on (March 6) who has received it and assessed it in under 5 days as of Saturday.  Next step is to get some kind of reimbursement from Turbotax. They don’t tell you there are errors until after you pay then it’s too late!  

So you printed off your returns, but left your form T2043 out of the package?

Yes.  I left form T2043 out and revised the amounts on the other forms. The credit it automatically assigned to me was calculated at random for both Manitoba and Ontario for some reason and amounted to a whopping .72.  That was what was holding up my net file submitted to the CRA.  Somewhat disappointed in Turbotax after using them for 12 years to have something like this create such an issue!

Thank you for your feedback.  Please wait until Tomorrow evening and the fix will be released. Then you will be able to file without issues.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

@TurboTaxBrenda1 So if I log in tonight, will I just need to try and re-submit, or will I have to restart my taxes from the beginning?   How will I know when the fix has been applied.

Thank you 

I didn't want to just try and submit using up one of my 5 submission requests with the CRA.  Spend 1 hour on the phone with TurboTax support (Joshua).

Really had no idea why T2043 is there. 

He was told to have me delete my farm completely, then resubmit .

I ended up doing that.   I deleted.  Checked the return .pdf.  obviously the T2043 was gone.  I entered my farm info brand new.  And the result was the exact same result.  The T2043 was automatically populated with a rediculous number.   I took the chance and submitted to CRA.. and it was accepted.   Here's the issue.  I DO NOT WANT THE T2043.  TurboTax is automatically applying for the credit that I DO NOT WANT and there is NO WAY to not have it submitted.  

@TurboTaxBrenda1 this is NOT ok.  This needs to be rectified.  If not, I will have to use another tax program.   If I wanted to apply for a tax credit, I would do it myself. (Hint: make it an option that can be opted into if wanted)