Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eand
Returning Member

Turbotax credit card payment error

I am stuck on my 2021 taxes still (I don't owe money). When I try to pay for the service with my credit card, I get this error:

We are sorry, we are having trouble authorizing your credit card. Please verify your billing address, card number, and CVV and try again.

Last year, I phoned turbotax and they tried for an hour to correct the problem but could not authorize my payment. There is nothing wrong with the credit card.  The bill appears as pending on my card statement and then disappears after a couple days. Turbotax said they would figure out the problem and email the solution to me (or credits to pay for the service) but they never did. I live outside of the country so it is very inconvienient for me to call. I don't have anyone's email to contact about this.

Can an agent please contact me to fix this issue so I can continue with my 2022 taxes? It's frustrating and stressful.

1 Reply

Turbotax credit card payment error

The only thing you can try would be to purchase from one of our retailers online.

• Purchase TurboTax Standard Online from one of our retail partners. Once purchased, the pre-payment code provided in the box can be entered to “pay” for any returns you may have already started.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.