Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plepage
Returning Member

Turbotax for 2023 income not activating

Hi,

Just bought (Dec 16th 2023) the Deluxe Version (Online only) at Costco. I'm visiting the activation web page but keep getting an error stating "Something's not right, try re-entering your code.". I have check the code multiple time and no typo.

Is there a date from which we can start activating 2023 Income year online license?

Where can I get support for such error?

Thank you

11 Replies
Moussi2

We are sorry to hear you’re having issues with TurboTax Desktop. Please, sign up below and a member of our support team will get back to you.

Here is the Support link once log in, it will bring you to the below form. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

plepage
Returning Member

When should I expect the next interaction (call?)?

We are getting reports of the TurboTax Download software being used. An update has been released, please try again.

Bruce A

I am getting an error message at the Product Key field each time I try to activate and download the 2023 product. 

Could you verify the version of software you bought at the store? What does it say on the box or if you can send an image of the box.

Bruce A

This was purchased on Amazon.  Turbotax standard - Digital Download

You won't have to activate the code if you purchase TurboTax Digital Download. You would download the software then when it asks for the license code you would then enter it. 

If you are trying to enter the code under TurboTax.ca/activate that is for the ONLINE version only. 

I purchased a Turbo Tax Deluxe at Costco, went to install it on my computer and it wouldn't accept the code.  I tried numerous times could you please help me.  

If you were getting "Something went wrong" please log into your online account- choose the software that you purchased and then complete your return- before you file you will see a payment page and you will then enter your code under coupon code.