Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bouch-dav

Turbotax french on windows 10 is extremely slow. It takes minutes to change pages.

I've installed and reinstalled the French windows version of Turbo Tax 2017 and whatever I do, the speed is incredibly slow.  Opening the application is ok, but once in a tax file, going from field to field takes at least 15 seconds, and moving from page to page using previous or next take over 2 minutes.  My computer is running the latest version of Windows 10 Home on an Intel Core i5 with 8 gb of ram.  Looking at the task monitor, the CPU goes up to 45-48% usage for the turbotax process alone.  Nothing else is running.  Please help!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbotax french on windows 10 is extremely slow. It takes minutes to change pages.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem. We have just released a new update that should resolve the slow speed issue. Please update your TurboTax product: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647741

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem. We have just released a new update that should resolve the slow speed issue. Please update your TurboTax product: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647741

bnabonne

I got exactly the same issue on te french version windows 10. I found the issue in my case: It had to do with BitDefender-Antivirus - Free version. In the settings/Protection, set "Protection Shield" to Off. It solved the issue for me. By the way,the same issue was making Revenu Quebec refusing to let me access MonDossier-Connection in order to download my Quebec fiscal data... I am letting that option off permanently...

Hope it works for you!