Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raviweb

TurboTax industry code 454110 is giving an invalid code error

Hi,

TurboTax guided to select the industry code 454110 for the business, but gives an invalid code error and doesnt allow for netfile. This is the same code used previous years. Please advise if there is new code to be used and why Turbotax guides to use this, but not allow accept it when selected.

Thanks,
Ravi

7 Replies

Some industry codes do not work for 2022. For example, codes 454300 & 454390 will no longer work for 2022. Direct Sellers must now choose codes based on what they are selling.

Please visit the NAICS website to find out the code based on what you are selling: https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1369825

For more information please see our TurboTax article: Finding the Right Industry Code for Your Business Tax Return

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

raviweb

So, you are telling me TurboTax is not up to date with codes? I have the latest updates.

I pick the code that the tool chooses for me and then when it comes to filing it says the code is invalid. 

@raviweb We have updated the software and this issue should be resolved. If you are still not able to resolve this problem, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

I sell my products on Amazon, I also entered this code 454110, and still gives me error.  Now I am not able to netfile. I found this code on NAICS and this is the correct code.

Please help.

@cinnabon888 Code 454110 will no longer work for 2022. Retailers must now choose codes based on what they are selling.

Please visit the NAICS 2022 website here to find the correct code: https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1369825

doucetjc

I am very disappointed that this year's version of Turbo Tax is suggesting industry codes that generate invalid code errors.

I have tried numerous alternatives to code 454110 and nothing works, same result " invalid code".

Is this a software issue or does it mean that businesses that fall under code 454110 must paper file?

Also,  your customer service system, reached at [phone number removed], only wants to send me links to information that don't solve my issue,  and doesn't seem to want to let me speak  to a real person... Not very impressed!  

NAICS codes are refreshed every few years, and for 2022 they deleted many codes. Codes like 454110 will no longer work for 2022. Sellers must now choose codes based on what they are selling.

Please visit the NAICS 2022 website to find a new code: https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1369825