Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax is asking me for a contact address, but will not let me enter a non-Canadian one.

I am trying to do my 2014 tax return, but I left Canada permanently in February of this year (2015). Turbotax is asking me for a contact address, but will not let me enter a non-Canadian one. Furthermore, there is nowhere for me to tell Turbotax that I left Canada in 2015 - it does ask if my Canadian residency changed in 2014, but my answer to this is simply "no".  Does it even matter for my 2014 tax return that I became an emigrant in 2015? Can I just put the address of a friend still living in Canada as the contact address?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbotax is asking me for a contact address, but will not let me enter a non-Canadian one.

You can use your friends address, if you are comfortable with that, or you can mail your return with the correct address.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can use your friends address, if you are comfortable with that, or you can mail your return with the correct address.