Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frusterated20
Returning Member

Turboxtax will not let me untick the box for the CAI

I accidentally ticked CAI for my spouses return and realized that I have claimed it on my own.  When I tried to untick the box on my spouses return it will not let me.  I tick off the check mark, and click continue, but the amount owing does not change, so I click back and the CAI box is ticked again.  It will not turn off and continues to return with a check mark when I click continue or back. 

There is a software glitch there I am sure, please look into this matter, I would like to file my my taxes, but I do not want to file them when I know they are not correct.  Please advise.

1 Reply

Turboxtax will not let me untick the box for the CAI

Are you preparing your return together or separately from your spouse?

If you are preparing your returns together, the box needs to stay checked if one of you is claiming the credit. You need to click the “Continue” button until you get to the last page of the Climate Action Incentive (CAI) page where it will ask you which spouse is claiming the credit. You can change the answer there and click “Continue” to save your change.

If you are preparing your returns separately, please contact our phone support as they will be better able to assist you. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.