Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chowwill

Unable to select foreign country drop down box in Form 1099-INT

Hi,

I've been using Turbo Tax for 7 years and each year, including this year, I run into this same issue.   After importing the Form 1099-INT from E-trade, it always show the "Recipient State must be entered" error in the Form 1099-INT. 

I live in Sweden permanently.  When I clicked the Review button, it shows the Form 1099-INT  with my Swedish street address and city.  But it doesn't allow me to click on the Foreign country drop down box to select "Sweden".   It forces me to enter a two-letter code State which I don't have and an US zip code.   I tried TAB or click on the "Foreign Country" drop down box but it seems like the drop down box is not activated.   

In the past, I had to just select some random state in order to get through since I received no assistance from Turbo Tax.   

Could you please fix the issue with the "Foreign Country" box under "Additional Payer and Recipient Information section of the Schedule B -- Form 1099-INT?   

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Will

3 Replies

Thank you for your feedback, we will bring this forward to our team.

chowwill

Many thanks. 

I hope your team can fix the issue soon as I'm not able to e-file my tax as it forces me to enter a state and zip code which do not apply to me as I live in Sweden.

Cheers,

Will

@chowwill 

Are you preparing a Canadian return or a US return?