Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drachu

Updates for 2014, 2015, and 2016 Turbo Tax where installation of application was transferred to another computer.

I needed to transfer my files to a new laptop computer with windows 11.  I installed the Turbo Tax Standard apps for personal returns for the years 2014 to 2021.  2015 & 2016 will not allow me to open previously completed tax returns because it won't allow me update the apps.  All others have updated successfully.  Are you able to provide access to the updates for those reporting periods?  I need to file some amended returns. 

1 Reply

Updates for 2014, 2015, and 2016 Turbo Tax where installation of application was transferred to another computer.

For 2016 and later, the software should automatically check for updates when you start it. If the software is having problems updating, you can uninstall & reinstall it using the download on our website here:  https://intuitglobal.intuit.com/downloads/CanadaTax/2016/dls/TurboTax2016_Bld8004_May18.exe

Also please note that the CRA doesn't accept RefIle for returns from before 2019, so you will have to either print and mail a T1ADJ form or use the CRA's My Account to change returns from before 2019.