Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating turbotax 2012

I need to look at an old return 2012.  In order to see the return I have reinstalled 2012 turbotax. The return will not open until I update the software, however, the software will not update. Is Turbotax still providing updates for years prior to 2016?

6 Replies

Updating turbotax 2012

No. Unfortunately we no longer support versions of TurboTax CD Download prior to 2016.

Updating turbotax 2012

Is there any work around so I can open an old file?

Updating turbotax 2012

No. The file won't open unless the version of TurboTax is the same or newer. Since we no longer have the update files or the installers available, there's no way to get the file to open, unless you find someone who still has the fully updated 2012 software.

dfkaye

Updating turbotax 2012

I might be able to help. I have complete Turbotax files for every year back to 2012.

Updating turbotax 2012

I am trying to access Turbo Tax 2012 files. I can't open them without updating the program which I can't update.  Any Suggestions?

Updating turbotax 2012

I don't understand why turbo tax only supports 2016 and later versions of software when Canada Revenue Agency allows you to go back 10 years to file prior year returns.  Software should be supported back to 2012 and later versions of software.