Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to turbo tax deluxe

To Whom It May Concern, 

I write to complain about the poor service I have recently received from your company.

On March 9th, 2021 I filed online my and my husband's tax return for the year 2021 via IntuitTurboTax. Unfortunately, one particular form was required to complete the filing of our returns with TurboTax however not available. Therefore, to make this form accessible, we were offered no other option and were forced to upgrade to Turbo Tax Deluxe Online and subsequently charged $45.18 to complete our returns. The only income reported for both was from RRSP income, the only slips we were issued were T4RSP and medical expenses, and charitable donations. Prior to this, even though our tax returns were complex, we incurred no extra charge for filing. 

I am shocked that your organization can indulge in such practice (as you customarily advertise: there are no catch or hidden fees, the Turbo Tax process isn't just easy, it's completely free) and such an exorbitant charge despite the fact that my situation has drastically changed, completely simplified, and the majority of information required to complete my return is imported via CRA. Given this, I request a refund for $45.18. Since 1984 I have myself filed our returns and never paid to have them processed by any other party.

I am reluctant to break a relationship over the last many years but I will gladly look for an alternative supplier who is able to work to acceptable standards and personal politeness.

Sincerely,

Gilda
2 Replies

We appreciate your feedback.  We realize in your situation as well as others with medical expenses and/or a donation this is a bigger expense. I will be sure to submit your feedback to the appropriate team. 

We appreciate your honestly and we thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Best Regards.

Hi Brenda,

Unfortunately, I have yet to receive a reply regarding my complaint which is most frustrating.  This is completely unprofessional and discourteous.

Kindly investigate this as soon as possible and advise me accordingly.

Regards,

Gilda