Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mclnyc

Upon review, I noticed that I incorrectly added a figure for "deductions for interest on money borrowed to earn investments." Where can I delete this?

I went to Income/Investment Expenses, but I don't see this figure. When I'm prompted to go the next screen, it takes me to rental properties. Help!
1 Reply

Upon review, I noticed that I incorrectly added a figure for "deductions for interest on money borrowed to earn investments." Where can I delete this?

To add or remove any Carrying Charges or Investment Expenses you have;

• You can use the Find (little magnifying glass) and type in "investment". Then highlight "Investment Expenses" and click Go. Put a checkmark beside which deduction best applies to you, Interest paid to earn interest, dividend and royalty income or  Investment management and advice (includes carrying charges), and continue to the page that applies.
  • You can also access this section by going to the sidebar of TurboTax, and click on Income > Investment Expenses >  Put a checkmark beside which deduction best applies to you, Interest paid to earn interest, dividend and royalty income or  Investment management and advice (includes carrying charges), and continue to the page that applies.

We noticed you have chosen TurboTax Live Assist & Review, did you know you can contact them at any time for assistance? Here's how to talk to a Tax Expert:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3456106