Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B Stride
Returning Member

Vehicle Disposition - cra netfile question (self-employment income represent taxable portion of gains on disposition...)

I am self-employed currently, but have transitioned to fully online work. So I am no longer using my vehicle for business purposes. It is being used only for my personal use now.

Since I am not selling/trading it in, I was told to use the opening UCC from my CCA for the proceeds of disposition (which will have no capital loss/gain outcome) hence, not effecting any of my deductions.

So what would be the answer for the CRA question below when I try to netfile? as technically there will have been no loss/gain

**Income:

Enter the self-employment income that doesn't qualify a earned income for RRSP purposes. The following, if applicable, will not be included in your RRSP deduction limit.

Net self-employment income that represent the taxable portion of gains on the disposition of eligible capital property from a business you carried alone or as an active partner.

1 Reply

Vehicle Disposition - cra netfile question (self-employment income represent taxable portion of gains on disposition...)

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.