Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l0beard

Where should I enter my wife's OSAP?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

We appreciate you choosing TurboTax,

Scholarships and bursaries receive by your wife will either be a) other income on line 130 or b) exempt from tax and will not appear on the return at all after the T4A is entered.

For tax purposes, the amounts are treated differently based on the student's situation. She would enter the amount from Box 105 in the spot for Full-time students on the T4A screen if she was a full-time student. You won't see it anywhere on the tax return as it is exempt from tax.

For additional information please view our TurboTax articles Simple Steps for Students Filing Tax Returns and Financial Awards That Qualify for the Scholarship Exemption

Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you require further assistance.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

We appreciate you choosing TurboTax,

Scholarships and bursaries receive by your wife will either be a) other income on line 130 or b) exempt from tax and will not appear on the return at all after the T4A is entered.

For tax purposes, the amounts are treated differently based on the student's situation. She would enter the amount from Box 105 in the spot for Full-time students on the T4A screen if she was a full-time student. You won't see it anywhere on the tax return as it is exempt from tax.

For additional information please view our TurboTax articles Simple Steps for Students Filing Tax Returns and Financial Awards That Qualify for the Scholarship Exemption

Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you require further assistance.