Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the CWB (RC210) show as a Federal Tax?

7 Replies

Amounts on line 41500 are for CWB advance payments you received in the current tax year, from box 10 of your RC210 slip.

The Canada Workers Benefit (CWB) is a refundable tax credit to help individuals and families who are working and earning a low income.

The CWB has two parts: a basic amount and a disability supplement.

You can claim the CWB when you file your income tax return.

Starting in July 2023 and based on the 2022 taxation year, the CWB will provide advance payments equal to 50% of the CWB across 3 payments under the Advanced Canada workers benefit (ACWB). This initiative puts more money in the workers' pockets to help cope with the rising cost of living.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Bert22
Returning Member

I do not understand why they give you Approx 2600.00 as a benefit and then take back approx 1200.00 and call it tax. Is there an explanation for this??

To receive clarification of how the Canada Workers Benefit (CWB) is calculated please contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) at 1-800-959-8281.

WuXueJun

I got the same problem.

The Canada Workers Benefit (CWB) is also a federal refundable tax credit, You get half as an advance payment. 

keket17

You still fail to explain why I must  pay back an amount due to this "workers benefit" You say it is a "federal refundable tax credit" as if us folks who clearly don't have the tax expertise that you professionals do would understand. Could you please break it down further ? if it is a tax credit, why do I owe that money? 

Which box are the amounts included in your RC210? Depending on which line the amount is declared, it may be included for the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) just to calculate the future payments that you will receive.