Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there a $0 entry called "AgriInvest Fund #2' (something I've never heard of) under "Other Income"?

7 Replies

Why is there a $0 entry called "AgriInvest Fund #2' (something I've never heard of) under "Other Income"?

Unfortunately, it is built into all versions of TurboTax Online. Some people do need to report "AgriInvest Fund #2 taxable withdrawals", but most people don't (it's a program for farmers). We have asked our development team to look into changing the way that page is set up.

Please just ignore it if it doesn't apply to you. Add your other income to the line below.

bickster1

Not very smart.

When I saw it, I was thinking that something had been entered erroneously and it caused me to do a search through my tax info to see if one of my "auto downloads" had entered something incorrectly, or some other cause.

Thank you so much for wasting my time.

Please do something to address this very ridiculous issue.

March 23/2021 - still has this problem.

Looks like the record profits...etc aren't going anywhere but up as usual.

Zs3

I am reading this explanation in 2022, this weird line it is still there. I was forced to pay for premium mid-way through preparing my taxes, so I would love to see some value for my extra $70 (I've used the free turbotax with no problems and my 2021 taxes have the same items as did 2019, 2020) 

I'm not a farmer.  No idea why this is showing up on my return but it scared me as I want to ensure I'm reporting all of my income from investments.  This should be fixed or a warning sent to users of the issue.

Still a problem in 2023? Why is this still a thing?

@wnzdarr 

The line still exists because the "AgriInvest Fund" still exists.

Please just ignore it if it doesn't apply to you. Add your other income to the line below.