Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Turbotax online designed to not provide the forms?

I attempted to file my taxes with Turbotax online deluxe and received an error message upon Netfile (after the webpage asked for my credit card information and provided me with a receipt) telling me that there was an error on a form.  Without the forms in question I had no way to adjust the error.  The questions are not intuitive and do not provide a glance at where in the process you are the way the desktop version does. This ultimately required me to purchase the desktop version to be able to fill out my taxes again and resolve the issue, and Intuit refused a refund claiming they only charge upon filing. But they create conditions with the online version where it is possible to file, have an error, and not be able to fix said error. This seems in incredibly bad faith and I'm surprised it's allowed to continue.

1 Reply

Why is Turbotax online designed to not provide the forms?

To find lines on the TurboTax Online and view the T1 General you would go to the Detailed Tax Summary available as seen below. If difficulties are had, to find a certain area, we are here to guide you. Thank you, we appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.