Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asikell
Returning Member

Work-Space-In-The-Home Expenses for multiple employers

I am a salaried employee who worked from home at 2 different companies who provided a T2200 slip for work-space-in-the-home expenses and I live in Quebec.

Employer 1: From January 2023 to June 2023

Employer 2: From July 2023 to December 2023

The software only lets me enter one employer's identification and file numbers information.

How can I add a secondary employer information in the software? I can't find a solution anywhere on the Community forum.

8 Replies

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

Asikell
Returning Member

@TurboTaxSusan I'm using TurboTax Online

Unfortunately, in TurboTax Online, you can only enter the information for one employer. 

Asikell
Returning Member

@TurboTaxSusan what TurboTax product will allow me to enter multiple employers?

TurboTax CD/Download lets you enter 2 T777 forms.

Or, you can file your TurboTax Online return with one employer, then use Change my Return (CMR) in My Account or a T1-ADJ T1 Adjustment Request to add a T777 for the second employer.

Asikell
Returning Member

@TurboTaxSusan So any TurboTax product that is not online, such as the TurboTax Standard version (download) will allow me to enter 2 T777 forms? I just want to validate before moving forward with purchasing the product.

Yes, even Basic.

Asikell
Returning Member

@TurboTaxSusan The information you provided was extremely misleading. As mentioned in my initial question, I live in Quebec. I submitted my tax returns thinking that I could make adjustments to my return using the government websites, as you mentioned previously.  However, I am unable to submit ajustments for the Quebec line 207 - Employment expenses and deduction. I filled out my return based on a single employer (including amounts) with the belief that I would be able to make an adjustment to include my second employer for the previously mentioned amounts.