Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kofo
Returning Member

You can only create one Full Service return per account.

The live expert assigned to me (under full-service) says I should have filed under Self-employed.
This means I need to start a new return. However, whenever I try to file a new return, I get the message "You can only create one Full Service return per account."
I can't seem to find a way around this. Can't also find a way to delete the uncompleted filing.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes, because you already have a full service return in your account. So if you need to delete that return, make another return that's not full service. Then go back and delete the original full service return. After it's gone, you can make a new full service return. You can then delete the empty return if you wish.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

You can delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can 🗑 next to it (or “Delete” under the return name). If there is no trash can next to the return that you want to delete, then open another return. Now when you go back to “My Returns” you should be able to delete the unwanted return.

If this is the only return in your account, you’ll need to start a new return before you can delete your existing one. To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns”. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Tax Returns” from under “My Returns” and delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can 🗑 next to it (or “Delete” under the return name).

Kofo
Returning Member

Thanks,
however, I cannot create a new return under Full Service.
Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 2.34.01 PM.png

Yes, because you already have a full service return in your account. So if you need to delete that return, make another return that's not full service. Then go back and delete the original full service return. After it's gone, you can make a new full service return. You can then delete the empty return if you wish.

Kofo
Returning Member

Thanks, that worked!
Last question: Do I get a refund for the previous uncompleted filing? If yes, how?

Yes, you can let your full service tax expert know, and they should be able to give you a refund.

Kofo
Returning Member

Thanks!
That'll be all.
Thanks for your help.