Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter my husband w2 income information?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You don't say whether you are living in Canada or the US, so we are not sure of the question.

If he lives in Canada with you, and has US income to report, it may be that it will have to be filed in both countries.  If you are in Canada, it would be filed under foreign income.

If you are in the US, as Sally7 states, you must go to the US forum at www.turbotax.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You don't say whether you are living in Canada or the US, so we are not sure of the question.

If he lives in Canada with you, and has US income to report, it may be that it will have to be filed in both countries.  If you are in Canada, it would be filed under foreign income.

If you are in the US, as Sally7 states, you must go to the US forum at www.turbotax.com

Im sorry i wasnt clear. I live in Canada and my husband lives and works in the states, and wanted to know where i can put his w2 income. I've tried to put it under forein but it keeps asking for his social insurance.

You will not be able to file his income tax in Canada.  He will need to file a US return in the States.  You will be able to enter his net income on your return, in the intro and address area. You will have to enter a social insurance number of 000 000 000.
Sally71

This is the Canadian forum for TurboTax.  We never deal with US tax questions.