Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I don't want to use last year's (2014) medical expenses but it keeps coming up as deductions in my husband's return as he qualified for the expense this year.

I have lost of some of the receipts and I don't want to use the expense without those receipts in hand. Can I get this medical expense deduction from 2014 removed? The info was entered in 2014 but not used on the return because it wasn't enough but this year with his income being less he qualified to use it. However, we don't have the receipts anymore so I don't feel comfortable using it and would prefer to take it out of the return. Please advise on how to do this.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I don't want to use last year's (2014) medical expenses but it keeps coming up as deductions in my husband's return as he qualified for the expense this year.

Unfortunately, the only way to get rid of the carry forward is to begin a new return without importing the prior year data.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Unfortunately, the only way to get rid of the carry forward is to begin a new return without importing the prior year data.