Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mad1

I entered employment income of $1066 but have been reassessed by that amount because it did not show up as part of my total income. Why would that be?

Employment income that I entered did not show up in the total and was reassessed. Why?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I entered employment income of $1066 but have been reassessed by that amount because it did not show up as part of my total income. Why would that be?

It could easily depend on how and where you entered it.  You can add income via T4, T5, T4A, or income not on a Tslip, which are all in the income section.  If you just plugged it into a calculated cell, it may not have worked.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

It could easily depend on how and where you entered it.  You can add income via T4, T5, T4A, or income not on a Tslip, which are all in the income section.  If you just plugged it into a calculated cell, it may not have worked.

mad1

This is a good answer, but does not apply in this situation. I submitted it as a T4 in the income section, so it should have been calculated. Considering that, why else might I have been reassessed because the total income as determined by TurboTax was incorrect?

I can't hazard a guess why, then.  Your entry should have been perfectly okay. There have been some failures of the save function, but why that would be, I don't know.  I can give you the link for support if you like.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/