Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winning

Missing T2200 and Payroll is on vacation

I was selected for review by CRA and while I have all my receipts and mileage logs, I can't find the T2200 for the employer I worked for at the time. I tried contacting them, but the Payroll people are on vacation, and I wouldn't be able to get a hold of them until they're back. The shop I worked out of also has closed so the Payroll staff have changed.

The expenses were for work-related cellphone, travelling to and between work camp/sites, trucking meals while away for 24 hours/day, and stationary for work-related paperwork. 

Aside from continuing to try to get a hold of Payroll, what else should I do until then? If they are unwilling to assist me, what other options do I have? Should I try to submit all my records without T2200 anyways?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Your best bet is to contact CRA directly and explain the situation. Be sure to have any correspondence you've received from them on hand as you will likely be asked for a case/file number. Continue to reach out for a copy of the T2200 from your former employer but in the meantime, you may be asked to submit your receipts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Your best bet is to contact CRA directly and explain the situation. Be sure to have any correspondence you've received from them on hand as you will likely be asked for a case/file number. Continue to reach out for a copy of the T2200 from your former employer but in the meantime, you may be asked to submit your receipts.