Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n251426

I do not want to register for online mail on the income taxes I file for my family, yet I can't get off the personal page without entering.

I do tax returns for my family.  On the personal page of each one it is insisting I enter an email address.  I do not want to register for on line mail and certainly dont for my elderly parents.  How can I get off this page and go forward. If I enter my email address am I going to get everyone's mail? Very frustrating.  My parents don't even have email.

2 Replies

I do not want to register for online mail on the income taxes I file for my family, yet I can't get off the personal page without entering.

don't own a computer no email address

The email address entered in the personal info was intended to enable us to communicate with the taxpayer about their return. We'll send NETFILE confirmations to this address and any other important TurboTax specific correspondence related to the return. Entering an email address in this section is not signing up the addressee for CRA My Account mail or other non-TurboTax communications.

We're going to make this field non-mandatory in an upcoming release. If you'd prefer not to wait, we recommend entering your email address to move past this step. As the TurboTax account holder, you'll get any correspondence we send for the returns in your account anyway.