Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you tell me how many return(s) per Ontario resident married couple? I'm trying to understand if it's more affordable to buy a package or do online.

I'm considering either the Premier download/physical package that has multiple returns (i.e.12), which I would split with my friends (creating new returning customers for you TurboTax wink wink), or the online Premier version for individual returns. I have used both in the past. 

I am under the impression that it is two returns per person/married couple, namely one for federal and one for provincial; my friend believes it's one return per person/married couple. The exact number per person/married couple is what I am looking for. In case this varies per province, I'm looking for the province of Ontario.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can you tell me how many return(s) per Ontario resident married couple? I'm trying to understand if it's more affordable to buy a package or do online.

Regardless on if you did a coupled return or 2 single ones it will still be considered 2 returns since their are two of you who need to file. As far as Federal and Provincial are concerned once you click on Netfile the information sent to Canada Revenue Agency are for both Federal and Provincial.

1 return per person no matter how you file- regardless where you live- It goes by your Social Insurance Number.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Regardless on if you did a coupled return or 2 single ones it will still be considered 2 returns since their are two of you who need to file. As far as Federal and Provincial are concerned once you click on Netfile the information sent to Canada Revenue Agency are for both Federal and Provincial.

1 return per person no matter how you file- regardless where you live- It goes by your Social Insurance Number.