Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use home and business software to do other personal returns as well. I have 1 small business and other people for personal returns

Just wondering if I can file other individual returns as well as a return for another person that has a small business. So basically a business return and other people’s personal return or is it just for people who have a small business.

5 Replies

Can I use home and business software to do other personal returns as well. I have 1 small business and other people for personal returns

Yes. If you get TurboTax Home & Business CD/Download, you can do 12 returns for people with a net income greater than $25,000. They don’t have to all have businesses or be self-employed.

FYI, TurboTax CD/Download versions will only run on Windows computers. https://turbotax.intuit.ca/business-tax-software/home-business.jsp#requirements

I bought the wrong version by mistake, can I return the one I bought and get the home and business and just pay the difference.

You can get a refund for the TurboTax product you don’t want and then buy the version you need. Here are the ways you can request a refund: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647900

Can you do returns with people less than &25,000 with the home and business software

Yes, but they are not included as part of the 12 returns - Returns with net income less than $25,000 are free. Also be aware that spousal returns, where a couple’s returns are prepared together, count as 2 returns. And the CRA will only let you NETFILE a maximum of 20 returns, regardless of income.