Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's March and I still cannot file my 2018 taxes. When is the final version going to be available?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It's March and I still cannot file my 2018 taxes. When is the final version going to be available?

There are only a few forms that have still not been finalized yet: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3769141

If you haven’t used any of these forms on your return, make sure there are no unused forms open. Also double check that you (and your spouse, if you have one) have not accidentally said “YES” to the TOSI question. Click on Income> Tax on Split Income (TOSI) in the left hand menu, answer the question “NO” and click “Continue” to save. Then try to file again, starting from the beginning of the Review section.

- From the left side menu, select Review.

- From the options that appear, select Get Started.

- Continue through your return and file.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

There are only a few forms that have still not been finalized yet: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3769141

If you haven’t used any of these forms on your return, make sure there are no unused forms open. Also double check that you (and your spouse, if you have one) have not accidentally said “YES” to the TOSI question. Click on Income> Tax on Split Income (TOSI) in the left hand menu, answer the question “NO” and click “Continue” to save. Then try to file again, starting from the beginning of the Review section.

- From the left side menu, select Review.

- From the options that appear, select Get Started.

- Continue through your return and file.

I found out that the problem form on my return was the T101 slip and related T1229 forms.  To file, I had to remove my T101 claim and once I did that I was able to file the return.  Guess I'll suffer that and include that in next years or refile later.  However, I am still unable to file my spouse's return which is a zero income return.  Are there any new updates still to come?  Does TurboTax provide any identification that the software is a final version?  I've tried to clear forms that had no new information, close forms, and whatever else I could think of but I cannot netfile the spouse return.  (I can print it now for mailing, though.) I've looked up CRA's information and netfile eligibility and I didn't find anything that disqualifies netfiling a zero income return. (?)  I would also think TurboTax would identify this and display this alert instead of the 'you require a final version' one?