Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have entered $85 in charitable donations to carry from 2017. No donations from 2018. Yet my return says my total donations for 2018 is $649. How can that be?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have entered $85 in charitable donations to carry from 2017. No donations from 2018. Yet my return says my total donations for 2018 is $649. How can that be?

Can you please verify your Notice of Assessment from CRA closer to the bottom of it, you will see the amount which were carried forward. If you do notice that the amount is wrong then you will need to go back and verify that nothing else was entered as donations by accident.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Can you please verify your Notice of Assessment from CRA closer to the bottom of it, you will see the amount which were carried forward. If you do notice that the amount is wrong then you will need to go back and verify that nothing else was entered as donations by accident.