Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g-romanow

Turbo tax wants me to show a taxi permit number and I am not a taxi driver.How do I solve this problem?

While reviewing my completed return, turbo tax is requesting a taxi permit number to be eligible to Quebec netfile.  All I am claiming are medical expenses which end up on the same form, "Other Credits"

1 Reply

Turbo tax wants me to show a taxi permit number and I am not a taxi driver.How do I solve this problem?

To get rid of this error, please make sure that you have not selected the Taxi credit by mistake. To do this:

In TurboTax CD/Download EasyStep Mode:

Select Provincial>Quebec> Other Québec credits profile and make sure the “NEW! Tax credit for taxi drivers or taxi owners” credit is not checked off.

TurboTax CD/Download Form Mode:

Click Forms at the bottom of the page next to your name. Select the TP-10299 if there is one. Then select Edit>Forms>Clear Current Form to delete any info on the form. Then Then select Edit>Forms>Close Unused Forms to delete the form itself. You should also check for this form on your spouse’s return if applicable.

If you are still unable to resolve your issues, please contact our phone support as they will be better able to assist you: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013