Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my federal return not getting processed? "The Canada Revenue Agency was unable to process your return at this time."

Tried to NETFILE twice and got the same error twice:

Your federal return was not accepted by the CRA
Message from CRA

The Canada Revenue Agency was unable to process your return at this time. The NETFILE transmission service may be closed for scheduled maintenance. Please visit the NETFILE website.NETFILE - Overviewhttps://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/netfile-overview....

It recommends "Correcting The Error" but the only error mentioned is that the NETFILE is under maintenance and links me to a page, but when I visit the aforementioned page, it says that NETFILE is open now until until Friday, January 24, 2020. How can one verify if NETFILE is in fact under maintenance? It's my first time using NETFILE and TurboTax so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if the NETFILE service is in fact just under maintenance.

**UPDATE**
I restarted the turbotax software and it initiated an update, tried to NETFILE a third time now and got a similar error but this time it mentions:

"The Canada Revenue Agency is experiencing technical difficulties and is unable to process your return at this time."

Is anyone else getting this issue?

2 Replies

Why is my federal return not getting processed? "The Canada Revenue Agency was unable to process your return at this time."

The Canada Revenue Agency's electronic services are currently unavailable. This includes the NETFILE and ReFile. If you experience issues with any of these services, please try again later.

Thank you for the quick relply! Is there anyway to know when they are available again without trying to NETFILE my return again? There's a warning stating that I will get locked out after 5 attempts.